Help protect and grow your savings
Learn how an annuity can be used as an investment vehicle that may help safeguard your retirement savings in an ever-changing market.
We each have our own vision of retirement, and our own roadmap to reach our goals. A volatile market can help or hinder these plans - a strong market can help grow investments and improve current financial portfolios. However, strong markets don't last forever and you may want added protection if the market takes a turn.
Greater confidence for tomorrow
To add a level of reliability to your investments—and to retire with greater confidence–you can “lock in” some of your market success by investing a portion of your portfolio in an annuity with a living benefit rider (for an additional cost) that’s designed for you and the people for whom you are responsible for. By investing in such an annuity, you can guarantee that a portion of your retirement income will be available during any market cycle—even the inevitable downturns. Guarantees are subject to the claims paying ability of the issuer.
Get lifetime income
When choosing an annuity, you have the ability to customize your level of market exposure. You can also opt for a guaranteed income rider (for an additional cost) that ensures a minimum payout in any type of market, creating dependability and diversifying your investment and income strategy. These are just some of the ways you can tailor the features and benefits of your annuity to suit your needs. Whether you want a retirement plan that allows you to maintain your lifestyle or you want to launch your retirement with the trip of your dreams, you and your advisor can build a reliable plan that helps you retire with more confidence.
For a deeper dive, run through the Lincoln Financial Confidence Checklist and ask your financial advisor how best to be prepared for income in retirement.
Lincoln Financial confidence checklist
- Are you prepared for–and protected from–potential market downturns?
- Is your retirement plan ready for costs like higher education, weddings, travel plans or costly moves?
- Have you identified which parts of your portfolio will remain steady as the market goes down?
Questions for your advisor
- What does your future income look like in a worst-case scenario?
- What part of your portfolio is helping fight inflation?
- What part of your portfolio helps maintain your lifestyle through retirement?
- What costs will your known income cover, and what extras will you consider?