Collection of personal information
- Information we collect directly from you. We collect personal information, including, but not limited to, name, address, date of birth, telephone number, Social Security number, email address, and policy number from you if you desire online account access, submit an inquiry to us, complete an online form, or participate in a survey. The scope of the information that we collect directly from you varies on your interaction with the Sites.
- Job applicants. We may accept applications for employment online through our Sites, and we will collect personal information from you in connection with your application, such as your contact information, employment history, among other data. You also may sign up for updates on career opportunities with Lincoln Financial.
- Information we automatically collect. We may automatically collect the following information about your use of our Sites through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies: your domain name; your browser type and operating system; web pages you view; links you click; your IP address; the length of time you visit our Sites; the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Sites; and our access time, browser type, domain name, and IP address. Please see the section "Tracking Visitors to our Sites" below for additional information.
How we use your information
We use the information that we gather about you through our Sites for the following purposes:
- To respond to your inquiry or to your request for a call, referral, or quote, and for other customer service purposes;
- To process transactions;
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using our Sites.
- Where permitted, for marketing and promotional purposes, such as to provide information to you about the products and services we offer;
- If you choose to “like” Lincoln Financial’s page on Facebook, or take any similar action on another social media site, you are providing your consent to receive information updates, including solicitations from Lincoln Financial.
- To authenticate registered customers; and
- To better understand how users access and use our Sites, to improve our Sites, respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
How we share your information
We do not sell or share your information with non-affiliated third parties who want to offer you their own products and services. We may share your information with the following persons and for the following purposes:
- Service providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf. These service providers may include financial service providers (e.g., third party administrators, broker-dealers, insurance agents and brokers, credit bureaus, among others), as well as service providers that assist us in maintaining our network, assisting with customer service and marketing.
- Joint marketers. We may disclose your personal information to financial services companies with which we have a joint marketing agreement for the purpose of marketing our products and services to you as well as products and services that we jointly offer to you.
- Business transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
- In response to legal process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, or a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a subpoena.
- Aggregate and de-Identified information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
Tracking visitors to our sites
We do not process or comply with any web browser’s “do not track” signal or other similar mechanism that indicates a request to disable online tracking of individual users who visit our Sites.
- Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Sites, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities on our Sites. There are two types of cookies: session and persistent cookies.
Session cookies exist only during an online session and disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Site, so that we can process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity as you move through our Sites. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity.
- Third party cookies.We may also engage third parties to track and analyze data about our Sites. We use such data to help us administer and improve the quality of our Sites and to analyze usage data. Such third parties may combine the information that we provide about you with other information that they have collected. This Policy does not cover such third parties' use of the data.
- Disabling cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Sites who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Site, but some features may not function.
- Local storage objects. We may use Flash Local Storage Objects ("Flash LSOs") to store your preferences and to personalize your visit. Flash LSOs are different from browser cookies because of the amount and type of data stored. Typically, you cannot control, delete, or disable the acceptance of Flash LSOs through your web browser. For more information on Flash LSOs, or to learn how to manage your settings for Flash LSOs, go to the Adobe Flash Player Help Page, choose "Global Storage Settings Panel" and follow the instructions. To see the Flash LSOs currently on your computer, choose "Website Storage Settings Panel" and follow the instructions to review and, if you choose, to delete any specific Flash LSO.
- Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer's hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Sites to, among other things, track the activities of visitors to our Sites, help us manage content, and compile statistics about Site usage. We and our third party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML e-mails to our customers, to help us track e-mail response rates, identify when our e-mails are viewed, and track whether our e-mails are forwarded.
- Third party analytics. We use automated devices and applications, such as Adobe Site Catalyst, to evaluate usage of our Sites, and to assist us, when applicable, in determining where to improve our Sites.
Security of our sites
Lincoln seeks to protect the personal information you provide to us. That is why we have implemented commercially reasonable precautions, including, where appropriate password protection, encryption, SSL, firewalls, and internal restrictions on who may access data to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Please keep in mind that the Internet is not a completely secure medium of communication and no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. We do not guarantee or warrant that any part of our Sites, including files available for download, are free of viruses or other harmful code. It is your responsibility to take appropriate precautions, such as the use of anti-virus software, to protect your computer hardware and software while using the Internet. You should also take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
Security of information transmissions
Information you provide to us when filling out secure forms on our Sites, as well as information we supply when you are visiting those areas, is protected while passing through the Internet using encryption technology called Secure Sockets Layer or SSL. Your browser will indicate when you are within a secure area of our Sites by displaying a symbol, such as a locked padlock or an unbroken key. Although we will use reasonable efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of your information, Internet transmissions cannot be made absolutely secure. We are not liable for the unintended disclosure of information due to errors in transmission or unauthorized acts of or breaches of security by third parties.
Please also note that regular Internet e-mail is not secure. To protect your privacy, you should not use e-mail to communicate information that you want to remain confidential. If you are concerned about the security of the Internet for the communication of personal information, you may want to consider using alternative forms of communication such as telephone, fax, or regular mail.
We may use third parties such as network advertisers to display advertisements on our Sites and other websites. Network advertisers are third parties that display advertisements based on your visits to our Sites as well as other websites. This enables us and these third parties to target advertisements by displaying ads for products and services in which you might be interested.
You may opt-out of many third-party ad networks, including those operated by members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") and the Digital Advertising Alliance ("DAA"). For more information regarding this practice by NAI members and DAA members, and your choices regarding having this information used by these companies, including how to opt-out of third- party ad networks operated by NAI and DAA members, please visit their respective websites:
Opting out of one or more NAI member or DAA member networks (many of which will be the same) only means that those members no longer will deliver targeted content or ads to you. It does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content or ads on our Site or other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing. Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you visit this opt-out page, or you subsequently erase your cookies, use a different computer or change web browsers, your NAI or DAA opt-out may no longer be effective. Additional information is available on NAI's and DAA's websites accessible by the above links.
Links to third party sites
Children under 13
This website is not directed toward children. We do not knowingly collect or post information from children under the age of 13.
*This information applies to the following Lincoln Financial Group companies:
First Penn-Pacific Life Insurance Company
JPSC Insurance Services, Inc.
LFA, Limited Liability Company
Lincoln Financial Advisors Corporation
Lincoln Financial Group Trust Company, LLC
Lincoln Financial Investment Services Corporation
Lincoln Financial Securities Corporation
Lincoln Investment Advisors Corporation
Lincoln Life & Annuity Company of New York
Lincoln Retirement Services Company, LLC
Lincoln Variable Insurance Products Trust
The Lincoln National Life Insurance Company